- Pie Crust
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1. Line pastry sheet with a double thickness of foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4-5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. Cook sliced onion in reserved drippings until tender but not brown; drain.
3. In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg. Stir in the crumbled bacon and onion. Toss together shredded cheese and flour. Add to egg mixture; mix well.
4. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent over-browning. Pour egg mixture into hot, baked pastry shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.