- 2 - 2.5 lbs of meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, drumsticks)
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 large chopped onion (1 cup)
- 3-4 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or white cooking wine)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1. Skin chicken. Rinse chicken and pat dry. In a 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Add onion and paprika to skillet; cook until onion is tender. Return chicken to skillet, turning pieces to coat with paprika mixture. Add broth and wine to skillet. Bring to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
3. For sauce, skim fat from pan juices. Measure 1 1/2 cups of juice, adding water if necessary. In a mixing bowl, stir together sour cream and flour; gradually stir into pan juices. Pour into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
4. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken. Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.