Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Phones & Cameras

Technology is apparently the theme of this week, or at least the past couple of days.

I got a new phone yesterday!

More importantly I went from this...
 

To this...
The iphone 4S. Yes, I know... everyone said, "Just wait until the iphone 5 comes out in October." But from what I have seen, there is always a new iphone coming out, and never when they say it is going to! And honestly? I just don't care. The keyboard on my old phone stopped working and I was not going to last 2-3 more months texting from the number pad, and once the new Key Club season starts, I will be texting... oh, will I be texting. Like a twelve year-old with her first boyfriend will my phone be blown up with texts planning our many charitable endeavors.

The other reason I don't care? I can barely figure out how to use this one! I know, like anything else, I need to just take the time to sit down and play with it and figure it out... but the only thing I have been figuring out on it is what funny responses I can get from Siri. (I love you. Will you marry me? Tell me a joke. What's your favorite color? Where are you?) I'm not going to even admit how long it took me to figure out how to turn up the volume or turn on the ringer. It was sad, rather sad.

In other news, my Big Momma camera, which was sent to Sony for repairs, returned home today. I have mixed reviews about this experience with Sony. I think the repairs were excessive in cost. And, although it is obvious they stress customer service, the customer service people don't know anything about the products... and the technicians don't know anything about customer service. I would not chose to send it in for repairs again. On the positive, however, Sony sent me an entirely new camera and lens... which, although preferred, is a bit confusing since the technician told me the specific repairs he was making to my camera and lens.

To celebrate her return home though, we took took her to the park in Sedley.

No comments: