Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 14


As I went to bed last night, I was making a mental checklist of all I needed to do today. It was a long list, unachievable, most notable: finish painting craft room, grocery shopping, pay bills, cook with the mountainous pile of zucchini, squash and sweet potatoes bought from the auction last week, and call about birth certificates.

Instead

I watched "21 Jump Street" and was overly proud to catch the cameos, and surfed around Pinterest... clearly beginning to see the irony of pinning a bunch of inspirational quotes about "living life" and "seizing the day."

In my weak defense, I feel sick. I started having that sick-feeling "taste" in my mouth from chest congestion last night, and I had another one of those stomach antagonizing days.

So, I am relishing in it still being June, only 14 days into break, and although I haven't accomplished a whole lot of anything yet, there's plenty of time to "take off" and still be able to accomplish and experience a lot this summer.

I love my job :)
(and not just in the Summer)

No comments: